Thursday, January 14, 2010

The family that doesn't play together, stays together.


We are packing our bags and heading to H-town tomorrow to run the Houston Marathon.  And by we, I mean we are packing our bags, we are heading to Houston, and I will be running the marathon.  Mr. Fitness backed out of the 5-k.  I think it's because his vajay is sore.  However, he has promised to meet me at the finish line...if he's back from duck hunting by the time I finish.

The cold I have in my face and chest (the Mucus Family has moved in with no intentions of going anywhere) plus the extra 10 elbeez I'm sportin' should work in Bart's favor.  Not mine.

*Note, contrary to popular belief, if you train for a marathon over the holidays, it does not prevent weight gain.  In fact, you eat more butter fried in lard, because you think you can, causing the opposite effect.  Who knew?

So, while you (and Bart), are happily and restfully drinking mimosas on Sunday morning, please send me good thoughts.  Oh yeah, you definitely made the better decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment