Wednesday, March 3, 2010

F-A-T. Forget the PH.

You know what seriously sucks?   Looking fatter than a 7-month (I have no clue how many weeks that translates to) pregnant girl.

My pregola sister-in-law looks bananas.  I, on the other hand, look like a sack of potatoes.

You know how you think you're totally f-i-n-e until you see a picture of yourself?  Wow.    

Dime bag of extra lbs.  Check.
Bad hair cut (or haven't had one in way too long).  Check.
Inadequately applied self tanner.  Check.  

Ugh.  I know.  Self loathing isn't very attractive, but I mean neither am I right now.  

If there was a diet that involved savingnon blanc and butter, I'm bout it bout it.  For example, tonight, I've had wine, fried calamari, bread, hummus and butter for dinner.  Wine for the antioxidants, calamari for the protein, bread, because I did work out today and need those carbs, hummus and butter for...well, aren't fats and oils part the food pyramid? 

Oh, not by the gallon?  

The same goes for wine?  

Well, Shee-it.



3 comments:

  1. Agreed Mist. I always think I look awesome until I see myself in pictures. Sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures are scary. I remember in middle school when I first saw a picture of my profile and realized how huge my nose is. Now I scour all pictures of myself for fat also. Being a girl rules.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I blame boys and marriage. I was a size 2 when I met my husband. By the time we got married last year, I was a size 6. Recently, I found myself purchasing clothes in the double digits and wanted to jump off a bridge. My weight was easier to manage with my single girl diet of cigarettes and Diet Coke. Now I have a husband who cooks all the time, and when he's not cooking, takes me out to eat constantly. Everything we eat is fried and/or swimming in butter and heavy cream. We should just get a trough. I'm considering divorce...after he takes me out to eat tonight, of course.

    ReplyDelete