Sunday, March 21, 2010

We are living in a material world, and I am a material girl.


I had hoped this day would never come.  Sadly, I knew deep down that it would.  It was inevitable.  I'm just too shallow and materialistic to resist the temptation that is overpriced, designer clothes.

The day has arrived when my new love for what I now do, which subsequently comes with a very small paycheck, has caught up with my old love for all things designer.
I tried not to click on that Neiman's e-mail.  I really, really did.  But it was automatically delivered to my inbox, advertising the most beautiful, new spring items which my current wardrobe lacks.

I think I even made it through two whole weeks of spring e-mail advertisements before finally giving in.  But, just like an addict who needs that next fix, I really, really need those new Louboutin's, a Fendi bag, and that Chloe dress.  And, not necessarily in that order.

Spring has sprung, signifying all things fresh and new.  Flowers are blooming, babies are being born, and Easter is almost here.

Jesus does want us to be happy...

Reality Check: Happiness comes from loving what you do while carrying the new Fendi peek-a-boo tote.

Sigh.  And yet, another reason why I'm not a nice person.

No comments:

Post a Comment